Oven-Roasted Seasoned Asparagus
It is extremely satisfying to watch my husband and toddler chow down on a meal that is not only delicious but nutritious as well. As a mother of a two-year-old and a nursing infant, I don’t have time to spend all day in the kitchen making an extensive meal. Therefore, I’m sharing an easy prep meal that is a go-to favorite in our home.
I’m overwhelmed with the mass amount of information on what foods are good for our bodies and what is not. Within my religion, there is a law of health that I have loved relying on. The law of health includes:
- Abstaining from alcohol, tobacco, and hot drinks
- Eating meat sparingly but with thanksgiving
- Eating fruits, vegetables, and herbs within its season
- Using grain as the staff of life
As I live this law of health, I try to eat fresh produce. I love finding different ways to cook and season vegetables! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- onion powder to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Rinse and trim asparagus spears, then place them lined up single-layer on a baking sheet.
- Spray asparagus with olive oil spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder on asparagus to taste.
- Cook for 30 minutes.