As we approach holiday festivities, I am sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes. These pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are nutritious, delicious, and wholesome! When I bring these little bits of goodness to parties, my friends and family rave about them. They are a feel-good after-eating kind of dessert. These cookies contain ingredients such as wheat flour, olive oil, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, oats, and pumpkin purée.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 3/4 cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg – pinch
- Canned Pumpkin Purée – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Ground Flaxseed – 1/2 tablespoon
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Milk Chocolate Chips – 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together dry ingredients (wheat flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, olive oil, flaxseed, and vanilla extract).
- Combine and mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips in the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a utensil. Space the dough about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and move the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Consume and enjoy! Makes approximately 24 cookies.